The origins: an airline executive, Jean-Cédric Bienfait, nurturing a vision on superior business decision making for airline executives (1990-2002) inspired by the combination of 3 key skillsets :
- a solid management education with majors in
- Sciences : mathematics, statistics, physics, chemicals,...
- Economics : micro¯o, finance, cost accouting,..
- Business : law, marketing, strategy, organisation
- accumulated airline experience
- through education/research: Yield management (MIT's Lab of Transportation theories) and networking (final paper on Hub&Spoke)
- through practice: Air Traffic Management, Ground Ops, Sales (Major US airline and travel agency networks), marketing and IT
- out of personal interest: aircraft engineering and flying/flight operations
- Extensive IT practice
- 25+ years: advanced MS Office, programming, database mngt, telecommunications, computer sales and manufacturing,..
- IT director at an airline (2005-7)
This first period saw Jean-Cédric leveraging any opportunity, offered or taken, to bridge an IT - Management gap he was consistently confronted with; paying special care at :
- Staying away of the "IT for the sake of IT syndrome"
- Translating management requirements into actionable IT
- Leveraging IT towards fulfillment of management goals
additvalue came as a logic evolution, a near evidence, in the aftermath of September 11th, 2001 events bringing Jean-Cédric to reconsider his career development, leaving the executive track to venture entrepreneurship.
The first stage: an entrepreneur turning a vision into an actionable and comprehensive reporting solution (additvalue 1.0, 2002-2008)
- Vision endorsed and enabled by likeminded top executives of a European startup (Jul 2002)
- Incorporation of additvalue as a company (Aug 2002)
- First technological endorsement from our invitation as speaker at the Microsoft Belux Convention 2004
- Development, operation and validation of our reporting platform in live conditions over 6 years
- Building up a team, expertise and presence spread across 3 different locations (BRU, PRG & DFW)
The second stage: a company bringing its products, services and advisory practice to the market (additvalue 2.0, 2008- )
- Over-proven business case
- Complete product package
- Robust commercial strategy and approach First business endorsement from our shortlisting to the Innovation Award to the World Low Cost Convention event 2008
- Establishing MEA and APAC locations
- Growing the reach of our professional services and advisory practice